Nomination pathway expanded for South Australia
Immigration South Australia introduced a new introduced nomination pathway Chain Migration. Additionally, it allows applicants with an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia to apply for a state nominated visa.
Consequently, it enables applicants to access occupations on the South Australian Graduate List. Hence, occupations listed as special conditions apply.
Requirements for Chain Migration:
To qualify, applicants must:
- Have completed a Bachelor degree or higher
- then, meet all DIBP criteria and Immigration South Australia criteria
- Have 60 points on the DIBP points test.
To qualify, the family member in South Australia must:
- Be the applicant’s:
- applicants can still apply if it’s a step or adoptive parent/sibling.
- Be an Australian Permanent Resident or an Australian Citizen
- Finally, have resided in South Australia for the past twelve months.
*Quotas apply. Once reached, no further applications for chain migration will be accepted for the 2014/15 program year.