868" class="post-868 post type-post status-publish format-standard has-post-thumbnail hentry category-australia category-australian-visa-application category-family-visa category-skilled-migration category-south-australia category-student-visa category-study-in-australia-2 tag-assessment-level-1-or-2 tag-assessment-level-3-or-4 tag-australia-skilled-migration tag-australia-visa tag-australian-family-visa tag-family-visa-2 tag-migration-consultants tag-student-guardian-visa">
AustraliaAustralian Visa ApplicationFamily VisaSkilled MigrationSouth AustraliaStudent VisaStudy in australia

International Student Visa: Bringing Family to Australia

family visa australia

Before bringing your family to Australia, it is essential that you consider the accompanying data. And examine the monetary and social issues connected with moving your family to another country. Most student visas permit you to bring your relatives to Australia as your dependents in case you are:

  • Eligible for streamlined visa processing
  • Assessment level 1 or 2, or
  • Assessment level 3 or 4 and your course is longer than 12 months. 

(Your assessment level is determined by your course of study and your nationality.)

Eligible family members include your partner and you and your partner’s dependent children.

Bringing family to Australia?

Following are the ways by which your family can apply to come to Australia with you. Your relatives:

  • Can apply to come to Australia as your dependents
  • Can apply for a Student Guardian visa (subclass 580).
  • If they plan to study in Australia, they can apply for a student visa in their own right. 

Visa Conditions for Family

Your family members’ visas are subject to a number of visa conditions that they must comply with including (but not limited to) the following.       

  • They allow your partner to work up to 40 hours per fortnight during your course study, if you are in an undergraduate program.
  • If you enroll in a postgraduate program, it allows your partner to work full time during your course.
  • If you are 18 years or older you cannot study for more than 3 months as a student dependent visa holder.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *