International Students: Changing the Course or Institution


There are various things to arrange and check before you settle on the choice to change either your course of study. You ought to first ask at the student help desk or other counselors for help and guidance.

Be certain to first go through your student visa prerequisites. And make sure you follow the right methods to keep up your visa. Don’t expect that the direction you get from your friends, your classmates or education specialist is correct. Furthermore, you ought to likewise verify you keep a duplicate of your course retraction and enrollment paperwork.

Keep in mind, while you change your institution or course, you must contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). And give an electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE) declaration from your new institution.

Hire Immigration Consultant Australia

If you are changing your course

If you are planning to change only your course at the same level of qualification from the same institution you are currently studying at. Then you don’t have to request another student visa unless your current visa is going to terminate.

If you are changing the level of qualification

In case you need to change your level of qualification, for instance from a Diploma to a Bachelor Degree, you may need to request another student visa as in that case, your visa subclass may change.

If you are changing your institution

In case you are considering moving to a different institution, you have to talk with your current foundation for information on doing this. By and large the new institution will be limited from enlisting you. In the event that you have not finished 6 months of the primary course of study for which your visa was accepted.

If you are willing to change your current institution before finishing initial six months, study you must contact your current institution for consent. On the off chance that you need to change establishments before finishing the initial six months of your main course of study. Therefore, you must contact your current establishment for consent. You will require a letter of offer from the new institution. In order to apply for a letter of release from your current institution.